WITH CAROLINE STONE D.O.(Hons), MSc(Ost), MEd, MClinEd
GET BACK TO THE BASICS OF ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND TECHNIQUE, AND LEARN HOW TO REALLY APPLY THINGS IN YOUR PRACTICE. (Please note, this course will be your gateway into the 2 other larger courses that Caroline offers on visceral work and osteopathic medicine – namely the ‘Visceral Basics’ and the ‘Global Visceral’ Series).
Go beyond your undergraduate experience and get insights into clinical applied approaches.
10-SESSIONS, 2-HOUR LIVE WEBINAR SERIES, THAT COVERS ALL THE DETAILS TO INTRODUCE THESE DYNAMICS, RECAP AND REORIENT YOUR PRACTICE.
Suitable for osteopaths, chiropractors and physiotherapists who wish to explore visceral and fascial/vascular dynamics in practice, within their own paradigm.
LEARN FROM ONE OF THE WORLD’S BEST-KNOWN ‘VISCERAL OSTEOPATHIC TEACHERS’
£180 for all 10 sessions, starts October, and runs through to July, delivered approx. fortnightly, and is recorded if you can’t make the live broadcast. Sessions include Q and A with Caroline. Delivered on Thursdays at 7pm UK time.
- 20 Oct 2022
- 17 Nov
- 15 Dec
- 19 Jan 2023
- 2 March
- 23 March
- 4 May
- 1 June
- 29 June
- 6 July
- What is ‘visceral’? – why ‘techniques’ are not enough in practice. Understanding the body cavities, and their role in motor planning and interoception
- Layers and sliding surfaces in the abdomen – working through the muscles, fluids and organs, basic locations and what hinders palpation and what really can be identified
- Upper gastrointestinal dynamics
- Lower digestive tract dynamics
- Retroperitoneal organs, including renal and endocrine systems
- Endocrine immune systems continued
- Cardiorespiratory dynamics
- Visceral-vascular considerations
- The global pelvis – male and female
- Neural systems and the autonomics relevant for visceral dynamics
From this programme you will get:
Anatomy review, taking you from a beginner to a higher level of knowledge
Understanding the link between body movement and fascial dynamics with visceral function and interoception
Understanding the complexities of working with the viscera and peritoneal and other serous structures of the torso
Understanding how the body cavities work, how pressure dynamics are relevant
Focused awareness of the different visceral systems: upper digestive tract; lower digestive tract; upper urinary tract and retroperitoneal dynamics; lower urinary tract, and uro-genital dynamics, male and female; endocrine immune systems; vascular systems; neural systems including the autonomics and the CNS;
The course will discuss hands-on approaches and review a range of techniques and palpatory dynamics.
This course sets you on a strong learning path for taking advanced courses once you are more confident!
This course is delivered over zoom. You will get access to the recording afterwards. If the course does not appear in your ‘my courses’ section, please don’t worry, we will be in touch via email to organise links / access.