ONCE PURCHASED YOU HAVE 6 MONTHS TO ACCESS THE RECORDING AFTER THE LIVE EVENT.
IF YOU WANT TO PAY BY BANK TRANSFER – CLICK HERE
SI QUIERES PAGAR POR TRANSFERENCIA BANCARIA - HAZ CLIC AQUÍ /
SE VUOI PAGARE CON BONIFICO BANCARIO - CLICCA QUI
LIVE BROADCAST OF PRACTICAL WORKSHOP:EARLY INFANT CARE: PAEDS ASSMNT ROUTINES: SETTLING, FEEDING, SLEEP, BIRTH TRAUMA, BONDING, PLAGIO & MSK
2-6PM SAT 17 JULY AND 9=5PM SUN 18 JULY.
12 HOURS OF LECTURE CONTENT, INC BREAKS. Join any time, event recorded, and access to recording is included in your event fee. Videos of techniques on infants, and live demonstration using toy babies – have a toy to hand to practice at home whilst watching!
This is a live broadcast of a lecture giving approaches to infant assessment, examination and management of various presenting dynamics in early infant care.
This course has extensive evidence, anatomy, physiology, neuroscience and clinical information, and is an excellent approach to early infant care. This course takes a NON IVM approach – so reinforces the way that gentle and careful assessment of the infant, family, biopsychosocial, physical, physiological, emotional and other factors* can be managed without reference to ‘cranial’ work if you don’t engage with this clinically. If you do, its OK as this course has huge amounts of relevant clinical information for everyone!
THEME – PERINATAL DEVELOPMENT, TRANSITION AND INDEPENDENCE, AND THE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF SUCK, SWALLOW AND BREATHE, MOVEMENT AND EARLY REFLEXES, BONES, DYNAMIC CRANIUM DYNAMICS, PLAGIO, TORTICOLIS, MOVEMENT DISORDERS, MYOFASCIAL AND VISCERAL CONSIDERATIONS, – OSTEOPATHIC APPROACHES TO CARE.
You can purchase and watch live, and also get access to the recording, or purchase now, to watch in your own time, after the event.
*Indicative course content:
• Birth strain, dynamics of the cranium, intraosseous development, strain and innervation, spinal-trigeminal system and links to early infant care and function, non IVM approach to venous sinuses, CSF, glymphatics, dural dynamics and global body orientation to the midline.
• Developmental anatomy of the face, head and coelum – how do we fit together? Movement, and impact on posture, shape, plagio, torticolis and hip issues.
• Intrauterine development and legacies – on being born.
• Establishing independence and co-regulation – maternal and infant interaction
• Maternal dynamics for feeding
• Interconnections between gut and lungs – myofascial, microbiome and neural connections, impact on autonomic stability
• The circulatory system – just what happens in circulation and what does this have to do with feeding?
• Suck, swallow, breathe – what is this – rhythms and oscillations in infant feeding.
• The anatomy of suck – head, neck, throat dynamics – function and assessment
• The anatomy of swallow – mediastinal, diaphragmatic, visceral and abdominal issues – function and assessment
• Neural interfaces – how does it all work?
• Sensory motor interactions – communication, feedback and complexity
• Initial Primitive reflexes – function and assessment
• Confounding factors such as pain, arousal and dysautonomia
• Summary – what can we do to support the infants in their early life? Assessment, management and monitoring.
THERE IS A SEPARATE HUGE ONLINE CPD PROGRAMME THAT SUPPORTS ALL THIS THEORY AND PRACTICE (the FULL PAEDS ONLINE SERIES or the Mother and Infant Series) that you can also separately purchase – THERE IS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF INFORMATION BACKING UP THIS PRACTICAL COURSE, AND YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO TAKE THE ONLINE OPTION(S) TO INTEGRATE YOUR CLINICAL APPROACHES. These can be purchased separately on osteobitesize.com