THIS IS THE OPTION TO BUY ALL THREE PRACTICAL DAYS ON 14-15 AND 16 JULY, 2022, IN COLNE, LANCASHIRE.
THIS MUST BE BUNDLED WITH THE LECTURE PROGRAMME (content below) and this bundle will be automatically applied during checkout.
The 2 day (without the internals can be purchased as a different product. Also, you can purchase the lectures only as a separate product. See the menu.
CONTENT FOR THE 3 PRACTICAL DAYS:
DAY ONE: GLOBAL ABDOMINAL AND BODY CAVITY DYNAMICS RELEVANT TO PELVIC PAIN. Includes stomatognathic breathing and social engagement approaches for dysautonomia, trauma dynamics, breathing and scar / adhesion issues, and how to map pain, look at pain behaviours, and how to use mindfulness and focusing dynamics in assessment and treatment.
DAY TWO: EXTENSIVE PELVIC FLOOR AND PERINEAL ASSESMENT, INCLUDING INTEGRATING WITH PELVIC, LUMBAR AND LOWER LIMB DYNAMICS. External techniques – but, are of course, in sensitive areas.
DAY THREE: INTERNAL APPROACHES, PR AND PV FOR FEMALE PATIENTS. Includes consenting, risk assessment and other relevant health and safety and communication issues.
Consenting forms will need to be completed prior to the course.
The live streamed lecture series option (WHICH CAN BE WATCHED AS RECORDINGS / YOU CAN CATCH UP IF YOU CAN’T MAKE LIVE BRAODCASTS) includes:
Modules Indicative content
1) 19 JAN 2022 Complexity in cavity dynamics, motor planning, abdominopelvic pressures, fluids and effects on physiology and inflammation
2) 2 FEB 22 Developmental dynamics, consequences of endocrine and autonomic dysregulation of overtime – relevance for pelvic pain
3) 2 MARCH 22 Social engagement, the poly vagal systems, pelvic parasympathetics and plexi, disentangling emotions, sexual interactions and tissue states
4) 16 MARCH 22 Pain perceptions, pain and illness behaviours, trauma dynamics, reducing vigilance and improving agency
5) 30 MARCH 22 Considering organ movements in micturition and defaecation, integration of the pelvic floor and how problems arise. Bladder and bowel considerations
6) 4 MAY 22 Endometriosis, pathologies gynae system, surgeries, consequences
7) 18 MAY 22 Inter-organ dynamics, postsurgical, adhesions, management of the peritoneum, viscero-somatic reflexes
8) 22 JUNE 22 Pelvic floor and coccydynia problems, high tone and dyssynergia problems, and complex childbirth related problems
9) 29 JUNE 22 Organ support and prolapse management
10) 13 JULY 22 Consenting, communication, risk management, limitations to care, health and hygiene, practice management considerations
Detailed and critically appraised consideration of osteopathic approaches and evidence in complex and chronic pelvic pain. 10 sessions to explore how manual approaches are relevant across a range of problems such as endometriosis, bladder dyssynergia, pelvic prolapse, adhesions, inflammatory problems, scars, post partum injuries, post surgical and more. Understand pain perception, trauma dynamics, social and emotional considerations and more. Q and A at end of each session. Recordings available.
APPROX 6-8AM AEST – AUS; 8AM-10AM NZ; 2PM-4PM TORONTO
PRACTICAL SESSIONS – PLEASE NOTE:
NB In the case of any covid or other dynamics operating at the time of the practical event, there is no refund, but the dates are held over. If you need to cancel, again, there is no refund, but the fee is held over for you until you can attend again. Caroline does not manage a cancellation list. If you find a replacement you can arrange a substitution.