INTRODUCTION TO PELVIC ORGANS, EXTERNAL PELVIC FLOOR AND COCCYX TECHNIQUES IN WOMEN – with Caroline Stone
-very practical, lots of techniques – this is more of a hands on tutorial than just a lecture, so you will get immediate benefit to your clinical practice. Suitable for male and female practitioners. No experience needed. All techniques are external, no PV or PR. Covers female anatomy, but there is a lot of applicability to the male pelvic and you can also purchase a male pelvic health emodule as an extra if you want.
-JULY 6-7, 2023 – £250 – BRISTOL COLLEGE OF MASSAGE AND BODYWORK, 9-5PM, tea and coffee only provided.
- lots of anatomy and biomechanics considerations
- review of how pelvic floor function interacts with the pelvic organs and tissues, general limb-axial interface, and whole body dynamics
- understanding of pelvic pain
- discussions of risk and consenting dynamics
- lots of techniques to asses and manage pelvic floor and global pelvic visceral dynamics
- note – the visceral is much more approachable than you may have been taught – its 3D, and integrated, and does not rely on ‘motility’ sensing or an over focus on ‘ligaments’ that can’t be easily accessed.
- your patient and soft tissue palpation will be considerably enhanced after this course
- after the course videos will hopefully be available (taken only with participants approval and consent), and only available to course participants. Access for one year.
*You can also purchase / add on the accompanying online / distance learning package on female complex and chronic pelvic pain – see this link. This gives a huge understanding of the clinical context for these techniques beyond basic pelvic presentations. This is not required for the above practical attendance.
Please enquire for the male pelvic emodule details.