These products feature pre-course elearning packages to do at home in your own time, plus an accompanying live in person face to face practical course, usually in Lancashire or London.
THE SYSTEMIC OSTEOPATHY TECHNIQUE COURSE – BREATHING LIFE BACK INTO OSTEOPATHY!
3 LINKED WEEKENDS
3 TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE BLOCKS, EACH OF 3 DAYS (18 hours of teaching time per block).
EACH WEEKEND PRACTICAL BLOCK COMES WITH A DETAILED PRE-COURSE E-LEARNING PROGRAMME COVERING LOTS OF THEORY, ANATOMY, EVIDENCE, OSTEOPATHIC HYPOTHESES AND CONCEPTS. 20 hours of theory, resources and learning to complete in your own time, PER BLOCK, in addition to the practical days.
The days are all hands on, and all the ‘lecturing’ is done in the pre course material, so you will need to review it before coming each time, to ensure you are up to speed!
A video technique library will be available for post course learning.
All elearning will be available from 1st September 2022 and will remain available for 12 months after the course ends in July 2023. Technique videos will become available after the practical course dates, and also remain available for 1 year after July 2023.
Dates: 2-3-4 DECEMBER 2022; 28-29-30 APRIL 2023; 14-15-16 JULY 2023.
Venue is the London School of Osteopathy, London. The Grange, 12 Grange Road, London SE1 3BE. 9-5 each day.
Full price is £400 per weekend block, and includes 20 hours of supportive elearning content per block (60 hours in total). Must be bought together, not for sale as individual weekends.
EASTER SALE - to 30 April, 2022
£900 ON SALE NOW - INCLUDES ALL 3 WEEKENDS AND THEIR ELEARNING PACKAGES - NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE INDIVIDUALLY. This is over 100 hours of content for less than £10 per hour! Full price for all practicals and elearning blocks in normally £1200.
Venue: London School of Osteopathy, 202 CAMBRIDGE HEATH ROAD, LONDON E2 9LJ. To book: visit osteobitesize.com/
PRACTICAL BLOCK ONE (INC TUTORIAL THREE) 2-3-4 DECEMBER 2022
THEME: FLUIDS, FASCIA, FINDING HEALTH – EXPLORING VASCULAR, LYMPHATIC, SEROUS AND INSTERSTITIAL FLUIDS, CHANNELS AND CONNECTIONS. INCLUDES APPROACHES TO EVALUATING VISCOSITY, 4TH STATES AND FLOW / CHARGED DYNAMICS. HOW OSTEOPATHIC CONCEPTS RELATE TO FLUID DYNAMICS.
You will explore:
• Feeling arteries and veins and working through their dynamics
• Examining the lymphatic system and considering Biotensegrity, and how to use fascial and somatic mobility and tissue testing to explore interstitial space.
• You will experience working with various serous interfaces, including the peritoneal layers, pleural layers and the spinal fluid systems.
• Useful whole body and local osteopathic diagnostic and examination concepts relevant to exploring the fluid dynamics in the tissues.
You elearning will give you:
• Anatomical insights into ways to explore fluid systems
• How the fluid system works
• Concepts of microcirculation, interstitial dynamics, pericytes, glymphatics and other interesting dynamics, such as interstitial flow along meridians.
• Understanding in more depth the ‘rule of the artery’
• You will explore the 4th phase of water, charge ion theories for fluid flow • viscosity and physiology of fluid dynamics
• a brief insight into vasomotion, which will be further explored in stage two of the programme and covered in the second practical block.
• It will also include cellular respiration and metabolism, biotensegrity concepts and how the heart works
• THE HEART IS NOT A PUMP IS A KEY CONCEPT YOU WILL LEARN.
• YOU WILL NOT NEED AWARNESS OF THE IVM TO FOLLOW THIS COURSE, but the course will illustrate where the IVM might come from and what fluids have to do with it (and these concepts will be further elaborated in the second stage of the elearning).
• Osteopathic philosophy and concepts relating to whole body fluid dynamics
THEME: PRACTICAL BLOCK TWO 28-29-30 APRIL 2023
THE AUTONOMICS AND THE ENDOCRINE IMMUNE SYSTEMS, BODY MAPPING TECHNIQUES, FOCUSING, VAGAL AND AUTONOMIC TONE, AROUSAL AND STRESS / TRAUMA TECHNIQUES. EVALUATING OSTEOPATHIC LESIONS AND EXPLORING COMMUNICATION BARRIERS TO HEALTH. OSTEOPATHIC CONCEPTS RELATING TO NEUROPHYSIOLOGY AND ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS IN THE WHOLE PERSON.
You will explore:
• Evaluation of the nervous system by tissue exploration rather than traditional clinical methods tests – somatic patterns, reflex dynamics, balance and vision
• Considering trauma, defensiveness, protection and emotional dynamics in tissues • Looking at body mapping, focusing techniques, identifying boundaries and exploring ‘consent’ by tissue responsiveness
• Exploring safe zones in tissues, tissue work arounds, identifying when local and global listening is fooling you!
• Palpation of autonomic plexi, tracking vasomotion dynamics eg dermatome, sclerotome, myotome and viscerotome.
• Exploration of vagal tone and pathways
Osteopathic concepts around engaging with the nervous system and somatoemotional dynamics
Your elearning will give you:
Understanding the autonomic system, central autonomic network and spinal cord autonomic regulation
Understanding vagal tone and neuroception and the social engagement system
Heart-brain, gut-brain and neuroendocrine immune dynamics
The vagal and trigeminal dynamics
Somatic experiencing concepts, interoception and mind body links
Osteopathic concepts regarding osteopathic centres, spinal interneurone dynamics and the ‘osteopathic lesion’ revisited
Palpation or interaction with plexi and pacemakers
Concepts of arousal, vigilance, memory, learning and development
Primitive reflex dynamics and learned responses
PRACTICAL BLOCK THREE (INC TUTORIAL EIGHT) 14-15-16 JULY 2023
PHYSIOLOGICAL VISCERAL CONCEPTS –THORAX, ABDOMINAL AND PELVIC OVERVIEW. INCLUDES 3D ORGAN CONTACTS, SOMATOVISCERAL CONNECTIONS AND ‘MANUAL ULTRASOUND’ ORGAN TESTING, PHYSIOLOGICAL ORGAN EVALUATION AND ALSO INCLUDES DOING NON IVM ‘CRANIAL’ –
ACCESSING THE CRANIAL SPACES AND FACE. 3 DIMENSIONAL AND INTEGRATIVE CLINICAL EVALUATION WILL BE INCLUDED.
You will explore:
Working with the body cavities
A non cranial / IVM approach to the cranium and CNS
The facial and cranial integration, the splanchnovisceral dynamics
Palpation of the sliding surfaces in the visceral spaces
Assessment of organs, their conduits and attachments, pressure systems and relationships and viscero-0somatic dynamics
Interpreting physiological aspects of organ function
Your elearning will give you:
An realistic approach to understanding the anatomy of the body cavities and organs
A view on the physiology of the serous membranes of the pleura, peritonenum, dura and global fascial-visceral dynamics
Interactions between the biomechanics of the organs and their physiological functions
Interface between mechanical somatic and visceral dynamics, how body movement impacts on physiology and vice versa
How the musculoskeletal system is NOT the primary machinery of life but is subservient to visceral sexual and eliminatory dynamics for survival of the organism
Whole body osteopathic concepts and the physiology and health in osteopaths concepts and why hands on is still so powerful
Apprtoaches to defending the osteopathic approach so health
- Teacher: Caroline Stone